SENATE-TALK is a mailing list designed for communications relating to business currently before the Senate, Senate Committees and Subcommittees, and/or business that faculty wish to see addressed by these bodies.
Membership on the SENATE-TALK listserv is as follows:
1. All faculty, as defined in Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution of the Faculty of Sonoma State University, are eligible to be on the SENATE-TALK mailing list for as long as they choose.
2. Non-faculty members of the Senate are eligible to be on the list for the term of their service on the Senate.
3. Other members of the University community, including students, staff, and administrators not on the Senate may request membership at the web site https://webmail.sonoma.edu/mailman/listinfo/senate-talk . Membership is limited to one academic semester, but can be renewed each August and January. The Senate Chair, or designee, will review requests.
Guidelines for Appropriate Use:
1. Posts should be limited only to topics that are included in the purpose of the list.
2. Members cannot assume that any emails posted on SENATE-TALK will be kept within the list membership. However, if you would like to forward an email exchange to an audience outside the list, or use a quote from an email in some other document (e.g., the STAR), you should get permission to do so, particularly if the person writing the email is to be named.
3. Members should try to avoid relaying “facts” that haven’t been checked. SENATE-TALK should not be a rumor mill.
4. SENATE-TALK has always been a forum for passionate speech. Posts should use polite and respectful language.
5. When replying to a post, members should include the relevant part of the original email in the body of the reply, so that readers know what the response is to.
6. All posts to SENATE-TALK should include a descriptive SUBJECT line.
PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE LIST WITH YOUR LDAP EMAIL ADDRESS. Thank you!
Subscribe to Senate-talk by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. Once
confirmation is received, your request will be held for approval
by the list moderator. You will be notified of the moderator's
decision by email. This is also a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.